GO2bank is an online-only bank that offers mobile banking and simple fee-free checking accounts. It's a great choice for people who want to avoid fees and simplify their finances. It offers tools to access your paycheck up to 2 days early, build your credit for free, and get up to $200 in overdraft protection. However, there is a monthly fee you may need to watch out for if you don't enroll in direct deposit.
- $200 overdraft protection
- Paid up to 2 days early
- Build credit
- Possible monthly fees
- No sign-up bonus
- Online only
|Monthly Fee:||$0.00/mo ($5.00/mo without direct deposit)|
|Minimum Opening Deposit:||$0.00|
|APY:||1.00% (Up to $5,000)|
|Free Debit Card:||Yes|
|Direct Deposit:||Not Required|
|In-Network ATM Access:||55,000+ Locations|
|Out Of Network ATM Access:||$3 per time|
Who Is It For?
- Unbanked individuals who currently don't have a checking or savings account
- People with lower credit who want to build their credit scores without any fees or upfront deposits that are usually required for a secured credit card.
- Those who want an all-in-one online-only banking experience and don't need a physical bank location.
Pros & Cons
Pros & Cons Of GO2bank
- $200 Overdraft Protection: With a qualifying direct deposit, GO2bank will offer overdraft protection for up to $200.
- Get Paid Early: Get paid up to 2 days early with GO2bank's Early Pay feature and up to 4 days early for your federal and state tax returns.
- Free Credit Builder: Build your credit with Go2bank's free secured credit card that reports to all 3 credit bureaus.
- High-Interest APY: Earn 1.00% APY on the first $5,000 deposited into your savings account.
- Possible Monthly Fees: There is a $5.00 monthly fee for having the account, but this can be waived if you enroll in direct deposit.
- No Sign-Up Bonus: GO2bank does not offer a sign-up bonus for opening an account.
- Online Only Account: GO2bank has no physical locations, so all your account information will only be available online and on the app.
What Does GO2bank Offer?
When you make multiple direct deposits within a span of 35 days, you are eligible for up to $200 in overdraft protection. If an account becomes overdrawn and there is a negative balance, you'll have 24 hours to cover the amount before being charged a fee of $15.
There are three levels of overdraft protection in which you become automatically enrolled depending on the number of direct deposits you have made within the past 35 days.
- Basic: $10 of coverage for any direct deposit within a 35-day period.
- Premium 100: $100 coverage for at least two direct deposits of $200+ within a 35-day period.
- Premium 200: $200 coverage for at least two direct deposits of $400+ within a 35-day period.
Get Paid Early
If you have enrolled in direct deposit, you can receive your deposit up to 2 days early with GO2bank's Early Pay feature. Government payments (i.e., state and federal tax returns) can be received up to 4 days early as well.
In addition to its debit card, GO2bank offers a secured credit card. A secured credit card can be a great way for people with poor credit to begin rebuilding their credit score scores.
A secured credit card is one in which money is put onto the card. Your credit limit will be $100 if you deposit $100. If there is still money in the account after it is closed, GO2bank will reimburse you. It works very similarly to a debit card, but it also builds your credit.
According to GO2bank, cardholder payments are submitted to each of the three credit bureaus (Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax). Credit lines begin at $100. This card has no annual fee and includes free credit score monitoring.
High-Interest Savings Account
With no monthly fees, hidden fees, or minimum balance, GO2bank's savings account offers a high-interest APY of 1.00% on the first $5,000 deposited. Your money is also FDIC insured for up to $250,000 with this high-yield savings account.
What Are GO2bank Fees?
|Monthly Fees:||$5/mo ($0.00 if you enroll in direct deposit)|
|ATM Fee: In-Network||$0.00|
|ATM Fee: Out-Of-Network||$3.00 per use|
|ATM Balance Request:||$0.50 per use|
|Foreign Transaction Fees:||3.00%|
|Overdraft Fees:||$0.00 ($15.00 if balance is not added within 24hrs)|
|Debit Card Replacement Fee:||$0.00 ($24.95 if you select expedited shipping)|
|Transfer From Linked Debit Card:||1.50%|
What Is Go2bank's Contact Information?
To access live chat, log into your mobile app or website and find the chat button on the bottom right of the screen. The chat is available 24/7.
You can contact GO2bank's support team at (855) 459-1334. They are available 24/7.
GO2bank P.O. Box 5100, Pasadena, CA 91117
How Does GO2bank Compare?
Banking, loans, & More All In One
Sign-up bonus (Currently at $250)
Need direct deposit to get 4.50% APY
Live support can be slow
High APY savings account (4.65% APY)
Free ATM reimbursements (Up to $30/mo)
No ATM network
Mobile check deposits sometimes take a while to clear
Highest sign-up bonus ($150)
24/7 live support
Some accounts don't earn high-interest
Service fees can be high
Is GO2bank Worth It?
GO2bank is a great option for those seeking an online-only bank with no monthly fees and high-interest APYs. It's also a good choice for people who want to rebuild their credit with a secured credit card. However, there are some drawbacks, such as the lack of physical locations and the possible fees associated with account usage. Consider a national bank or local credit union if you're looking for physical locations.
What Bank Does GO2bank Use?
Green Dot Bank is Member, FDIC. Green Dot Bank has the following registered trade names: GoBank, GO2bank, Green Dot Bank, and Bonneville Bank. These registered trade names refer to a single FDIC-insured bank, Green Dot Bank, which uses them all under different names.
Why Did I Get A GO2bank Card In The Mail?
You may have received a GoBank debit card in the mail because you applied for a Green Dot product that requires a debit card, such as the Green Dot Tax Time card.
Does GO2bank Have A Monthly Fee?
GO2bank does charge a fee of $5.00 per month, but this can be reduced to $0 if you enroll in direct deposit.
Who Is GO2bank Owned By?
GoBank is a subsidiary of Green Dot Corporation, a provider of reloadable prepaid cards. Green Dot offers other financial products and services like mobile banking, cash back debit cards, and high-yield savings accounts.