The Bread Cashback™ American Express® Credit Card is a great way to earn 2% on purchases with no annual fee. You'll enjoy cardholder perks like dining discounts, purchase protection, and Amex Offers, but you won't find a welcome bonus or introductory 0% APR, which can be found with similar flat, cash-back cards on the market today.
- Unlimited 2% cash back on purchases
- No annual fee or foreign transaction fees
- Amex Offers
- No sign-up bonus
- No intro 0% APR
- Limited reward options
Pros & Cons
Pros And Cons Of Bread Cashback™ Card
- Unlimited 2% Cash Back: You'll earn an unlimited 2% cash back on all purchases made with this card with no rewards caps or limits.1
- No Annual Fee: This card has no annual fee, so you can keep more hard-earned cash in your pocket.2
- Amex Offers: As an American Express® cardholder, you'll have access to Amex Offers, which can save you money at select retailers, restaurants, and more.3
- Travel & Purchase Protection: This card comes with helpful travel and purchase protections, like car rental loss and damage insurance (Up to $50,000) and retail protection for lost items (Up to $1,000 per claim).3
- No Sign-Up Bonus: This card doesn't offer a sign-up bonus, which is unusual since many similar credit cards typically offer one.
- No Intro 0% APR: This card also doesn't offer an intro 0% APR period on purchases or balance transfers, so you'll want to be sure you can pay your balance in full each month to avoid interest charges.
- Limited Rewards Options: While you can redeem your cash back for statement credits, you won't be able to use American Express®' transfer partners or travel portal with this card.
Bread Cashback™ Card Features
- Variable APR of 19.74% to 29.99%, based on creditworthiness
- Purchase protection against damage or theft
- Secondary auto rental coverage
- Entertainment access through American Express® to purchase tickets for concerts, theater, sports, and more
- Up to 20% off of your bill or a free appetizer at participating restaurants via Resy
- Financial planning complimentary year of Wally gold
- Up to 30% off and car rental discounts through Booking.com
- ID theft protection
Current Offer Details
The Bread Cashback™ American Express® Credit Card is missing a welcome offer, making it less appealing than other cards available.
Value Of Rewards
Unlike some credit cards that earn points, the Bread Cashback™ Card earns unlimited 2.00% cash back on purchases, so it's easy to understand the value of your rewards.
How You Earn Rewards
You'll earn rewards on every purchase you make with this card, and there's no limit to how much cash back you can earn. There are also no categories to track – every purchase will earn the same 2.00% cashback rate.
How To Redeem Rewards
You can redeem your cash back for statement credits, which is a great way to offset the cost of future purchases. You can also opt-in to directly deposit your cash back into your bank account. These rewards can be redeemed starting at $0.01.
On average, Americans spend $4,874 per month on their credit cards. If you were to use the Bread Cashback™ American Express® Credit Card for all of your monthly spending, you could earn $97.48 cash back per month or $1169.76 cash back annually.
Rates And Fees
There is no annual fee or foreign transaction fees associated with this card.
The regular ongoing APR is 19.74 % to 29.99% variable, depending on your creditworthiness.
For cash advances, the APR is 29.99% variable.
For balance transfers, the APR is 26.99%.
A fee of up to $41 may be charged for any late or returned payments.
Bread Cashback™ Card vs. Other Similar Credit Cards
No annual fee or foreign transaction fees
No 0% intro purchase
Rewards selection is limited
Phone & travel protection
Rewards selection is limited
High credit needed
No annual or foreign transaction fees
Rewards selection is limited
Bread Cashback™ Card Vs. SoFi Credit Card
The SoFi credit card is one of the market's most competitive flat-rate cashback cards. The card lets you earn up to 3% cash back for the first year when you enroll in direct deposit, and then for the following year, it will go down to 2%. The card also offers a $300 bonus when you sign up and get approved for a checking account and a credit card. Additionally, SoFi's APR rates and cash advance and balance transfer rates are lower. If you don't want the added value of Amex Offers and better purchase protection/insurance, we recommend the SoFi credit card.
Bread Cashback™ Card Vs. Upgrade Credit Card
The Upgrade Cash Rewards credit card offers unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases, which is lower than the Bread Cashback™ Card. Unfortunately, the Upgrade Credit Card does not offer a way to do a cash advance or balance transfer, so if you want those features, the Bread Cashback Card should be your choice. However, if you have lower credit, the Upgrade card will be easier to be approved for since they accept people with fair to good credit.
Best Card To Pair With The Bread Cashback™ Card
The BMO Harris Bank Cash Back Mastercard is a great pairing option with the Bread Cashback™ Card. With this card, you'll earn an unlimited 5% cash back on streaming services and 3% on gas and groceries (Up to $1,500 per quarter). Although the card earns 1% on every other purchase, we recommend using the Bread Cashback™ Card on the other categories the BMO card does not support to maximize your cashback rewards. The BMO card also has no annual fee and has a sign-up bonus of $200.
Is The Bread Cashback™ Card Worth Getting?
If you’re looking for a simple-to-use card that earns a solid 2% cash-back rate on all purchases, the Bread Cashback™ American Express® Credit Card is an excellent choice due to how simple the rewards structure works.
However, if you are looking for a card that offers specific, higher cash back categories, there are better cards that offer higher than 2% in some select categories.
Bread Cashback™ Card FAQ
What Credit Score Do I Need To Be Approved For The Bread Cashback™ Card?
The Bread Cashback™ Card will most likely approve you if you have a good to excellent credit score (a 640-850 FICO score).
Is the Bread Cashback™ American Express® Credit Card a metal card?
No, the Bread Cashback™ American Express® Credit Card is not metal.
What is the name of the bank that offers the Bread Cashback™ American Express® Credit Card?
The bank that offers the Bread Cashback™ American Express® Credit Card is Comenity Capital Bank.
What are the best ways to use your Bread Cashback™ American Express® Credit Card rewards?
Some of the best ways to use your Bread Cashback™ American Express® Credit Card rewards include redeeming them for cash back applied to your statement or directly deposited into your bank account.
Credit card offers are subject to credit approval.
American Express is a registered trademark of American Express. This Card is issued by Comenity Capital Bank pursuant to a license from American Express.
1Offer is exclusive to Bread Cashback™ American Express® Credit Card holders enrolled in the Bread Cashback™ program. Cash back can be redeemed as a statement credit or direct deposit. This rewards program is provided by Comenity Capital Bank, and its terms may change at any time. For full Rewards Terms and Conditions, please see comenity.net/breadcashback/termsandconditions.
2Click here for important rate, fee, and other cost information. https://d.comenity.net/legaldocs/breadcashback/legal-documents/cca.
3Certain terms, conditions, and exclusions apply. For more details, visit https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/breadfinancial/breadcashback.